The Armenian Development Agency (ADA) was established in 1998 to facilitate foreign direct investments and promote exports. ADA acts as a “one-stop shop” agency for investors, assisting them in setting up their business in Armenia, helping in project implementation, coordinating with the Government, providing information on local investment opportunities, and advising on the investment-related legal and regulatory framework.
ADA is also responsible for export promotion, and assists companies in finding markets for products. In addition it undertakes market studies and seeks out partners for joint ventures aimed at increasing the volume of exports and development of Armenian enterprises.
Moreover ADA organizes international conferences, business-forums, trade fairs and exhibitions. ADA is governed by its Board, the chairman of which is the Prime Minister of Armenia. ADA’s Board includes the Chief Economic Adviser to the President; the Ministers of Finance, Economy and Foreign Affairs; the General Director of ADA; and Presidents/Directors of several private companies. Specifically, ADA provides the following services:
- Providing quality information: Preparation of tailored information packages corresponding to the needs of foreign investors
- Organizing site visits: Planning the side visits and preparation for visits of foreign investors, arranging appointments with both private and public organizations, and managing site visits.
- Brokering business partnerships: Helping find appropriate business partners in Armenia.
- Follow-up support: managing postvisit support, preparation of additional information and documentation.
- Investment project implementation: Assisting with company registration and staff recruitment (job announcements & holding interviews).
- Liaising with government institutions.
Phone: (374-10) 570170/111
Address: 5 Mher Mkrtchyan st., 9th floor, 0010, Yerevan, Armenia
*Acknowledgement – this content is provided from Investment Guide Armenia 2013 upon approval. – Full report here